Zelenka/Obrovská – Album pro Kytaru – Podvečer
About the piece
A lovely slow piece by Milan Zelenka (*1939) and his wife Jana Obrovská (1930-1987). Great piece for beginners and more advanced players. The slowness of it makes it very delicate to get the phrasing right.
Mic: Blue Yeti
Camera: Canon 1200D
Guitar: Miguel Lopez mod 013f
Strings: Savarez 510 AJ
About the composer
Zelenka was born in Czechoslovakia and studied guitar at the Prague Conservatory with Štěpána Urbana. While a student, he took first place in music competitions in Moscow in 1957 and again in Vienna in 1959. After graduation, he conducted a career as a concert guitarist, appearing internationally. He also gives master classes. He is best known for arrangements of traditional Czech songs, but also commissions new works for performance. In recent years he has composed original works.
From 1963 to 1981, Zelenka worked as professor at the Prague Conservatory. Notable students include Rudolf Dašek and Pavel Steidl.
Zalenka married Czech composer Jana Obrovská and the couple had a son, Vilém (born 1987). Vilém Zelenka graduated from Czech Technical University and often plays in a guitar duo with his father.
- Fernando Sor – Segovia 20 studies Estudio No.2 – Opus 35 No.13 - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Matteo Carcassi – Romance in E minor (Opus 60 No 19) - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Nikita Koshkin – Da Capo 24 Easy Pieces – 4. Ballad - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Carlo Domeniconi – Op 39, Klangbilder (Images sonoras – Sound images) – No 2 - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Francisco Tárrega – Etude in C major - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Remi Bouchard – Prelude - - Youtube - More info
- Jaime M. Zenamon – Epigramme – 3. Sonando (Dreaming) - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Claude Gagnon – Carrousel - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Ryuji Kunimatsu – Short Melodies – Classic Melody - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Jaime M. Zenamon – Epigramme – 2. Valz (waltz) - Tab - Youtube - More info