Nikita Koshkin – Da Capo 24 Easy Pieces – 3. Dance
About the piece
Nikita Koshkin (Никита Кошкин) is a Russian composer. His music is deeply dramatic and at the same time witty and playful, forceful and imaginative. He has written 24 easy pieces for solo classical guitar. All have a distinctive tone, rythm and feel. This is number 3 named Dance or in Russian, Танец.
Mic: Blue Yeti
Camera: Canon 1200D
Guitar: Miguel Lopez mod 013f
Strings: Savarez 510 AJ
About the composer
Nikita Arnoldovich Koshkin (Никита Кошкин) is a classical guitarist-composer born in Moscow USSR.
His early influences included Stravinsky, Shostakovich and Prokofiev, as well as rock music. Koshkin first came to prominence with his suite The Prince’s Toys, completed in 1980 and first performed by the Czech-born guitarist Vladimir Mikulka.
Koshkin’s best-known guitar work is Usher-Waltz a piece inspired by the Edgar Allan Poe story The Fall of the House of Usher, written for the guitarist Vladislav Blaha. It was made famous by John Williams’ performance in the Seville Concert CD in 1993. Other famous performers of Koshkin’s work include the Assad Duo and the Zagreb and Amsterdam Trios. His other important works include the set of variations The Porcelain Tower and the Andante quasi Passacaglia e Toccata: The Fall of Birds (1978).
Besides writing works for solo guitar, Koshkin has composed guitar-ensemble music as well; in addition to numerous pieces for guitar duo, he has written two works for guitar quartet, Changing the Guard (1994) and Suite for Four Guitars (composed for the Georgia Guitar Quartet, 2007).
- Claude Gagnon – Carrousel - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Ryuji Kunimatsu – Short Melodies – Short Melody - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Carlo Domeniconi – Opus 20, 24 Preludes – 3. Minuetto (minuet) - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Stepan Rak – – Minutova Sola – II. Pisnicky Beze Slov – Pisnicka O Spechu - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Zelenka/Obrovská – Album pro Kytaru – Podvečer - - Youtube - More info
- Emmanuel Adriaenssen – Branle Anglaise - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Ryuji Kunimatsu – Short Melodies – Melody of early spring - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Carlo Domeniconi – Opus 20, 24 Preludes – 2. Semplice (simple) - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Ryuji Kunimatsu – Short Melodies – Classic Melody - Tab - Youtube - More info
- Andrew York – Willow - Tab - Youtube - More info